Anderson House : Charleston, Charleston County

Loading...
Thumbnail Image
Authors
South Carolina Department of Archives and History
Issue Date
2010
Type
Text
Item Language
Keywords
Historic preservation--South Carolina--Charleston , Historic buildings--Conservation and restoration--South Carolina--Charleston , Anderson House (Charleston, S.C.)
Research Projects
Organizational Units
Journal Issue
Alternative Title
SC historic preservation review and compliance
Abstract
Description
The Anderson House was built between 1802 and 1815 by wealthy lumberman Daniel Cannon. The house was in continuous use as a residence until 2002 when acquired by the Medical University of S.C. from the Anderson Family for use as administrative offices for the School of Pharmacy. MUSC began an extensive rehabilitation and successfully balanced historic preservation with the functional needs of a state agency.
Citation
Publisher
South Carolina State Library
Rights
Copyright status undetermined. For more information contact, South Carolina State Library, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201.
Journal
Volume
Issue
PubMed ID
DOI
ISSN
EISSN