Show simple item record

dc.creatorSouth Carolina Department of Archives and History
dc.date.accessioned2012-06-04T14:49:32Z
dc.date.available2012-06-04T14:49:32Z
dc.date.issued2011
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10827/6908
dc.descriptionBuilt in 1850, this Gothic Revival building is constructed of pisé de terre, or rammed earth. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1973. In 2000 a major restoration project was undertaken to strengthen the steep roof, replace in kind as needed the damaged wooden trusses, framing, lath and timbers, install a new slate roof, recoat the exterior pebbledash coating and repaint with the historic colors, repair interior plaster, preserve Minton tiles, and replace the existing HVAC.
dc.format.mediumDocument
dc.languageEnglish
dc.publisherSouth Carolina State Library
dc.relation.ispartofSouth Carolina State Documents Depository
dc.rightsCopyright status undetermined. For more information contact, South Carolina State Library, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201.
dc.subjectChurch of the Holy Cross (Stateburg, S.C.)
dc.subjectHistoric buildings--Conservation and restoration--South Carolina--Stateburg
dc.subjectGrants-in-aid--South Carolina--Stateburg
dc.subjectChurch buildings--Conservation and restoration--South Carolina--Stateburg
dc.titleThe Church of the Holy Cross : Stateburg, Sumter County
dc.title.alternativeSave America’s Treasures Grant
dc.typeText
sd.specificationsThis South Carolina State Document was either saved from a document available publicly online in PDF format or converted to PDF using Adobe Acrobat X Standard.
dc.coverage.spatialSumter County (S.C.)


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record