The story of the Pine House
Description:PDF fileMIME type:application/pdfFile Size:12.58Mb
Rainsford, Bettis C.
SubjectBetts family; Vann family; Pine House (Trenton, S.C.)--History; Trenton (S.C.)--History; Edgefield County (S.C.)--History; Edgefield County (S.C.)--Biography
One of the very oldest landmarks in Edgefield County is a place located approximately six miles southeast of the Town of Edgefield. Over the course of more than a quarter of a millennium this landmark has been variously known as “the Piney Wood House,” “the Pine-a-wood House,” “the Pine Wood House,” and, for the last century and more, simply, “the Pine House.” In many ways, the story of this house parallels the story of Edgefield County. Now entering its second quarter millennium, the house has new owners, Bettis Cantelou Rainsford, Jr. and Melissa Logan Vann, who are beginning their married lives together on May 18, 2013 in this wonderful old landmark. Interestingly, the families of these new owners have been associated with the house for more than two centuries. It is therefore appropriate that the Story of the Pine House during that first quarter-millennium be comprehensively explored and told.
MetadataShow full item record
|Rights||Copyright status undetermined. For more information contact, South Carolina State Library, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201.|
|Digitization Specifications||This South Carolina State Document was either saved from a document available publicly online in PDF format or converted to PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC.|