The South Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, as it is known today, was established in 1887 under the Hatch Act, which provided $15,000 annually to each state and territory to provide such stations aid in "acquiring culture and to promote scientific investigations and experiment." and it now a part of Clemson University. Now, there are six Research and Education Centers strategically located throughout the state according to the state's distinct soil and climate regions and are collectively known as the Clemson Experiment Station.

Collections in this community