Old Exchange Building Commission
The Old Exchange Building in Charleston was built in 1767 and has been a customhouse, public market, public meeting place, military prison, and barracks. The Commission was created in 1976 and was responsible for restoration, development, administration and management of the building and grounds. Most activity with the building is now done by the city and county commissions.
- Old Exchange Building Website
- Building History and Walkthrough
Electronic records from the SC Department of Archives and History
Available are minutes of the Old Exchange Building Commission, 1976-2009, and audio tour of the Old Exchange Building, ca. 1986-1992.