Savannah Valley Authority

Clarks Hill Lake, now J. Strom Thurmond Lake, was constructed between 1946-1954 by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The Clarks Hill Authority was reorganized in 1971 from the inactive state agency formed in 1945 to deal with the impacts of the construction of the lake. In June 1978, the name was changed to the Clarks Hill-Russell Authority and in 1988, the law was amended to broaden the geographic area and change the name to the Savannah Valley Authority. The Savannah Valley Authority was an economic development agency charged with improving the economic conditions in the Savannah River Basin of South Carolina. Authorization for the Savannah Valley Authority was repealed by 1993 Act No. 181 Section 1617(A), effective July 1, 1993, 2012 South Carolina Code of Laws, Section 13-9-10.

Browse

Collections of this Community

Now showing 1 - 3 of 3