Charleston Orphan House Publications

The Charleston Orphan House was established by an act of the Charleston City Council on October 18, 1790. Its purpose was "supporting and educating poor orphan children, and those of poor, distressed and disabled parents who are unable to support and maintain them". A board of twelve commissioners governed the institution, while a paid staff administered its day-to-day operations. The board of commissioners published an annual report with budget and report from committees.

Browse

Recent Submissions

Now showing 1 - 5 of 35